Reading By Colour

Saturday 16 January 2010

another review from facebook thank you Jill

I was asked to review this book by Karen and although I have no personal experience with Aspergers I found the book very enlightening.


The difficulties Dannie faces everyday from getting up and making people understand her and trying to understand this weird world she lives in, she has done with remarkable courage and laughter partly due to having an understanding Mum who can laugh with her.

I'm sure Dannie's Mum gets just as frustrated as Dannie does sometimes but they get through it.

I really enjoyed reading this and I'm sure it will be helpful to many families who live with Aspergers to enable them to see a lighter side to this condition.

Well done to Dannie for letting her thoughts and feelings be written down and to her Mum for writing it in such a way that we can all understand and appreciate life with an Aspergers child. It made me laugh and cry, a wonderful book.

Good luck with everything you do and hope we have many more stories like these.

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment