Reading By Colour

Monday 18 January 2010

Poem I Wrote For Dannie

If I had a wish that could come true,


That wish I would make would be for you,

I’ll tell you what my one wish would be,

I wish people could see the Dannie I see.

The Dannie I see is loving and smart,

The Dannie that draws the most wonderful art,

The Dannie that’s funny, always making me laugh,

The Dannie that’s only twelve and a half.

The Dannie who’s beautiful inside and out,

The Dannie who sometimes will scream and shout,

The Dannie that loves animals, no matter what kind,

The Dannie that has an incredible strong mind.

The Dannie that’s generous and loves all friends,

The Dannie that always tries to make amends,

The Dannie that has the loveliest voice,

The Dannie who sings the songs of her choice.

If I could choose what to change about you,

I would change nothing at all, that’s honestly true,

Because everything about you makes you who you are,

That’s why I love Dannie the best by far.

1 comment:

  1. So Nice.I would Say the same to my Child with PDD. Kids with ASD All have a Special way about them-Verbal or Not.

    ReplyDelete