Reading By Colour

Thursday 14 January 2010

Review of Dannie's Dilemmas 2

here is our 2nd review.

What a wonderful insight, to how a young girl perseves the world with aspergers. How difficult it is to control her emotions with family and the Neuro typical world, without getting into trouble. Dannies stories, provide, explain, clarify how she has to deal with everything from the time she wakes up in the morning, to getting through the day and dealing with people who just dont understand her let alone get her.


Yes it can be frustrating for parents to have to keep reminding Asperger kids what they have to do, why they react in a certain way, but at the end of the day, Dannie's Mum was always there for her, and had her best intested at heart.

I truely enjoyed reading these stories, so much so that I happened to be in a toy shop today with both my kiddies (Paul 7 autism, Rachel 5 hearing difficulties) and I applied the situation that given 3 choices to pick a toy they want to swap. I had to tailor it a little differently but the idea worked.

Karen thank you so much for letting me be one of the members to pre-read the book. Well done to Dannie for having the courage to do the stories, which exposed so much of herself, how she sees the world and how the world deals with her. To Dannies supports for providing a guidance to her. The book made me laugh, teary and gave me another insight to my own son and how he thinks and the way he may view the world around him.

Good luck with these stories, and heres to may more that may arrive in the near future. Well Done to all involved and for a job well done

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment