Reading By Colour

Saturday 9 January 2010

Dannie's quote of the day

When Dannie was six, I had organised a surprise party for her at our house, I thought I had done great, The house was all decorated, all her friends were invited and Dannie had went to a friends house straight from school so she had no idea what was going on at the house.
I purposefully didn't put any decorations outside the house as I didn't want to spoil the surprise.
Around 4.30pm all her friends started to arrive, the food was all made and everything was set.
I had arranged for Dannie to come home around 4.45pm.
At 4.50pm, Dannie knocked on the front door, I asked all the kids to keep quiet and proceeded to let Dannie in.
Dannie came through the door and all her friends shouted "Surprise, Happy Birthday,"
Dannie did no more than ran out of the house and hid in the neighbour hood.
It took three adults to go and find her, everyone else just stood, shocked and didn't know where to turn.
20 minutes later myself a two other parents found Dannie hiding in the local playpark under the slide.
"Send them away." was all Dannie kept saying.
I did finally manage to get Dannie home and once she had calmed down, she did enjoy her party but I can assure you I have never made the same mistake again.
I didn't know where to turn.
Example of Surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment