Reading By Colour

Friday 8 January 2010

Quote of the day

When I once told Dannie not to put all her eggs in one basket, she went into the kitchen and took all the eggs out of the fridge and started placing them around the house, I asked her what on earth she was doing, she said "Putting our eggs in different baskets."
As I stopped her (before we ended up with omlette all over the house.)
I had to explain to her what I meant.
I was actually referring to the fact that she had some pocket money and she had it in her mind that she was going to a certian shop to add to her collection of 'Littlest Pets' (which at the time she had hundreds) But she was going for specific pets, and was determined that these pets would be in this one shop.
All I was trying to explain was that the shop may not have those particular pets and she would have to look in other shops as well.
Example of not understanding idioms.

No comments:

Post a Comment