Reading By Colour

Saturday 16 January 2010

review By Jeff Strong

Just read Dannie's Dilemmas. Boy! I had no idea what it is like to interact with an Asperger child! That could sure get tiring in a hurry!

I did like the "dialogue" style of writing. It really has to be that way to get the full experience of what the interaction is like. It also made me realize how dangerously cl...ose to Aspergers a lot of people are. I started to see myself in Dannies's shoes once in a while. I think I left the book wanting to know how best to live with Dannie. It did seem that when Dannie and Mum could talk and interact at the same level, things were much better. I also see how easy it is for conflict to escalate out of control.

All in all, I liked the story.

Jeff Strong"

No comments:

Post a Comment